60 fall ill after eating prasad in Bihar

Subscribe to Oneindia News

dfh
Patna, June 17: At least 60 people, including 34 children, were taken ill on Tuesday after eating prasad (offering to a deity) in Bihar's Muzaffarpur district, officials said.

The incident took place at Parhenia village in Muzaffarpur, about 70 km from Patna.

The children were admitted to a hospital in critical condition, while the other affected people were discharged after initial treatment, said Shri Krishna Medical College and Hospital superintendent G.K. Thakur.

Relatives said that soon after eating the prasad, the children complained of stomach pain and started vomiting.

Police said the incident created panic among the villagers, as 23 children had died in July 2013 after eating poisonous food at a government school in Saran district.

IANS

Please Wait while comments are loading...