New Delhi, July 13: While there is rising concern for the safety of Indians stranded in Juba, South Sudan, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has assured that all the arrangements have been made for their evacuation.
Swaraj even assured Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar that Indians stranded in Juba will be evacuated safely.
Kumar had appealed to Swaraj and tweeted: "@SushmaSwaraj Ma'am request for speedy measures and actions to evacuate Indians stranded in Sudan. Prayers with them. #SaveIndiansInJuba."
Swaraj, who is known for her prompt replies on social media said: "Akshay Kumar ji - Pl do not worry. We are evacuating Indian nationals from Juba (South Sudan)."
Akshay Kumar ji - Pl do not worry. We are evacuating Indian nationals from Juba (South Sudan). https://t.co/Ppj3ojcIlm— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) July 12, 2016
The Indian Embassy has asked Indians in Juba to remain calm and has assured them that they are in touch with authorities in India. Meanwhile, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) is said to have held a meeting to plan the evacuation of Indian nationals. A task force has been set up to monitor the situation.
Following the meeting on Tuesday, Swaraj said: "We are evacuating Indian nationals from Juba (South Sudan)."
Juba, is currently witnessing clashes between former rebels and government soldiers in the city that had killed 300 so far. MEA in its advisory had said Indian nationals desirous of departing for South Sudan may register themselves at the email ID email@example.com.
(With PTI inputs)