Bharti has been under severe attack for his infamous raid at Khirki Extension. Reacting to the latest developments, Bharti said on Tuesday, "I have seen the CNN-IBN story. This is what I have been saying."
Two of the three women who registered an FIR spoke to CNN-IBN where they indicated that there indeed was a sex racket operating in the area.
The victims told CNN-IBN that they were promised jobs in India but were forced into prostitution once they landed here. The traffickers were African nationals, they said.
Bharti and AAP got into a major tussle with Delhi Police after officials refused to raid a house in Malviya Nagar's Khirki Extension where according to the former, a drug and sex racket was operational.
Bharti on Tuesday said, "We have to unite on humanitarian grounds. We have to end this menace. Delhi Police needs to be exposed."
Ashutosh, spokesperson of Aam Aadmi Party, had earlier in the day said, "We have been saying this from day one. We have been telling this is dangerous. I want to ask those people who have been pointing fingers, will Arun Jaitley and Narendra Modi apologise? The entire establishment must apologise to Somnath Bharti."
He also accused the police of being hand-in-gloves with the traffickers. "This was a motivated campaign against the AAP. Why did nobody take a stand? The Delhi Police was hand-in-gloves," he said.