Proof of surgical strikes, army denies giving consent, govt says nothing doing

New Delhi, Oct 6: The army has denied to give its consent to release the footage of the surgical strikes. The government too has decided not to release any footage.

The unedited footage that was provided by the army was shown to the Prime Minister, National Security Advisor and the Defence Minister. They were convinced with the operation and said that the footage should not be made public.

Army against releasing strike footage

Meanwhile, officers in the army have completely denied giving their consent to release the footage. It had been reported in some media outlets that the army was fine with the footage being released. None in the government too are in favour of releasing footage.

Also read: Surgical strike meant to send message to Pak, not to satisfy Kejriwal

Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the NSA were shown both the edited and unedited footage. A presentation too had been made them by the Director General of Military Operations. At the high level security meet, the NSA had once again reiterated that there is no need to release the footage just because some in the opposition are making demands.

On Wednesday, union minister, Venkaiah Naidu told media persons that further discussions on this subject would only be an insult to the army. There is no need to respond to demands by the opposition, he said while also adding the Congress too had distanced itself from the comments made by some of its leaders.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...