Minister of Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Raju said the idea of the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is to have a meaningful engagement with the non-resident Indians (NRIs) that would address their issues and concerns.
The convention also gives the NRIs a unique opportunity to interact among themselves and the Government of India and various state governments. The Indian government also uses the opportunity to project scopes of investment and its potential in various sectors.
The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports will partner the overseas ministry for the programme.
1. Session on 'Aspiration of Diaspora Youth' during the Youth Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
2. Session on 'Sharing a Common Heritage: 'The Emotional Connect', and on Young Achievers.
1. Plenary sessions on 'India's Growth and Development Agenda', 'India's Soft Power and 'PBD Oration' after the inauguration
1. Sessions on 'Investment Opportunities in State' and "Parallel State Sessions'
2. Concurrent sessions on 'Innovation and Technology'; 'Healthcare Opportunity in India'; 'Meeting of Diaspora organization'; 'Making India the Hub of Media and Entertainment Industry' and 'Issues of NRIs in the Gulf'