Six fire tenders went to the spot and the fire was doused by 7 am. A short circuit is believed to be the reason behind the fire. A probe is on.
It was a small fire in a room on the ground floor of the PMO
"It was a small fire in a room on the ground floor of the PMO. We received the call at about 6:25 am. Six to seven fire tenders were rushed to the spot. It was brought under control within minutes," Director, Delhi Fire Service A K Sharma said.
PMO spokesperson said, "There was a short-circuit in a UPS of a computer triggering off a smoke detector. The fire alarm went off and then fire service reached the spot."
No damage or injury has been reported, the spokesperson said.
<center><iframe width="100%" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cTJ8Vb4RSsY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></center>
(With PTI inputs)