New Delhi, Sept 30: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday said that all efforts were on to ensure that the India soldier captured by Pakistan is released. India will officially take up with Pakistan the issue and seek release of the 22 year soldier, Chandu Babulal Chauhan.
Pakistan newspaper, Dawn reported that 8 Indian soldiers were killed and one was captured after a strike. India has denied that its soldiers had been killed.
On the captured soldier, the Indian army said that such inadvertent crossing by the army and civilians are not unusual on either side. They are returned through existing mechanisms, the army statement read.
Singh said that India will take up the matter officially with Pakistan. Efforts are onto secure the release of the soldier, Singh also said.
Meanwhile, the Director General of Military Operations, Lt Gen Ranbir Singh spoke with his Paksitan counterpart about the issue. During the conversation, he demanded that the solider be returned to India.