New Delhi, Jan 21: There a flurry of activity in the Capital apart from the usual Delhi assembly election buzz. US President Barack Obama's visit to Delhi next week has not only put the security agencies in a tizzy but has also changed the look of the national capital.
Barack Obama, who has been invited by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to be a part of the Republic Day celebrations will arrive in the early hours of Jan 25. This will be Obama's second visit to India. His first trip was in 2010.
Here is a look at his likely schedule for his three-day visit:
Day 1, Jan 25:
- Barack Obama arrives, likely to be received by PM Narendra Modi
- Following this, Obama will be in the Rashtrapati Bhavan, followed by a visit to the Rajghat.
- Obama will then proceed to Hyderabad House for a meeting with Modi.
- Obama is also expected to meet India-US CEO Forum the same day.
Day 2, Jan 26:
- Barack Obama will be the chief guest at the Republic Day parade at Rajaghat alongwith his wife Michelle Obama.
- US President will also attend the 'At Home' program at the Rashtrapati Bhawan in the evening.
- Obama will then have a private dinner with the Modi at 7, RCR.
Day 3, Jan 27:
- Barack Obama is likely to address the Town Hall meeting at Siri Fort.
- Obama will then visit the Taj Mahal following which he is likely to depart for the US in the evening.