Here are the highlights of what he said:
1. We are facing several challenges but we can convert these challenges into golden opportunities. We will put India on road to fast inclusive development.
2. We are a young nation and our youngsters have huge energy and potential. We need to empower our youth with skills for their development and the growth of the nation.
3. It is time for an IT revolution in India. The NASSCOM should engage actively in this.
4. I see the role of IT as an agent of change. It empowers, connects and can bind different parts of India and create harmony.
5. Just like the British had once built bridges with railway lines, Information Highway Network can play a very big role in transforming the nation today.
6. By 2022, when we celebrate 75 years of freedom we must be a different nation and IT can work as the growth engine of the new India.
7. E Governance is the most effective form of governance.
8. We must bring down the digital divide in India. We can't have two Indias, one racing ahead and another moving on a reverse gear. This will add to our problems.
9. We show interest in hardware. But strength also lies in software utility.
10. Social media networking gives me tremendous inspiration to do better.