Modi, who first arrived in Bankura, raised the following points:
1. "Why is Mamata Banerjee scared of a paper tiger?" [Read here...]
2. "The chit fund scam has looted West Bengal and the rulers are sitting back and enjoying the tragedy."
3. "I have not come here for revenge (Badla) but change (badlao)"
4. "I will serve West Bengal no matter how much Mamata Banerjee attacks me."
5. "Vote us to change Bengal."
6. "In Gujarat, women return home late at night. In West Bengal, women's safety is a big issue."
7. "The Trinamool, Congress and CPI(M) are fighting here in Bengal but they are friends in Delhi."
8. "Will look after those who have been evicted from Bangladesh but will push back the illegal immigrants from that country."
Modi then went to Asansol and stressed the following points:
1. "I can understand why Mamata Banerjee is so angry with me. It is because she is feeling rattled with your affection shown towards me. She is losing ground."
2. Modi slams the West Bengal government over the recent TET scam on recruitment of teachers.
3. "The Election Commission should ensure free and fair election in West Bengal."
4. "Mamata Banerjee has set up Scam Bengal while at the Centre, the mother-son duo has set up Scam India. We want to set up a Skilled India."
5. "Those who call themselves secular have done nothing for the Muslims." Modi presents official statistics to compare the condition of the Muslims in West Bengal and Gujarat. He cites the examples of per capita income among Muslims, the application for Haj among Mulisms, etc. where Gujarat leads over West Bengal.
Dr Subhash Sarkar is contesting on the BJP's ticket from Bankura while singer Babul Supriyo is the saffron party candidate from Asansol.