The woman, a resident of Sriganganagar district in Rajasthan, addressed a press conference here in which she said that fair inquiry was not possible into the case while Meghwal continues to hold office.
"I request the government to allow a CBI probe into the case. I wish to live my life peacefully and want justice to be done as soon as possible," said the woman, who was flanked by National Federation of Indian Women (NFIW) General Secretary Anne Raja.
The woman had filed an FIR in 2011 alleging sexual exploitation by her husband, whom she accused of having drugged her before letting his associates rape her. The FIR named Meghwal as one of those who had sexually exploited her. Later, police in 2012 closed the case after stating that her charges were false and fabricated.
The woman thereafter appealed to a district court, which then issued notices to Meghwal and 17 others in this case, asking them to respond by August 20. In the wake of the issuance of the court notices, Congress has demanded Meghwal's resignation although his party BJP has defended him saying there was nothing substantial against the minister and that he was being "falsely implicated".
Asked about a video which had apparently surfaced last month in which she purportedly says that Meghwal was not an accused, she said, "I have never given any such statement." The woman also claimed she was getting threatening calls asking her to withdraw the case and not name Meghwal.
"I have also been assured that if I agree to do so, I will be given a job," she said. NFIW's Raja demanded security for the woman and said the Union Minister should step down to ensure a fair probe. The woman also expressed her desire to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi to apprise him of the matter.
"We have been trying to seek an appointment with the Prime Minister and the Home Minister. On our request, Brinda Karat had also written to the PM requesting an appointment," said NFIW Rajasthan Secretary, Nisha Sidhu.