According to TV reports, 24-year-old victim, while addressing media persons claimed that she is being pressurised by Nihalchand's aides to withdraw the charges levelled against him.
While alleging intimidation, victim, who hails from Sirsa, Haryana, said that she needs security as she fears for her life.
In a bold statement, she also said,"Nihal's denial won't change the truth. I clearly remember what he did with me along with others."
In an appeal to PM Narendra Modi, victim said, "Modi is a good person. It is not right that person like Nihalchand is in his cabinet. He should be asked to resign from his post."
Meanwhile, BJP maintained that it is not a serious matter, if it was a serious issue, then he (Nihalchand) would not have been in the Modi cabinet.
43-year-old Nihalchand, a 4-time MP from Ganganagar constituency is currently serving as the Union Minister of State (MoS) for Chemicals and Fertilizers and is the only minister elected from Rajasthan.
On Thursday, a Jaipur district court issued notices to Nihalchand and 17 others in the sexual assault case and asked them to respond by August 20.
In her police complaint, she had alleged that her husband Om Prakash Godara had drugged her after which she was raped by his associates including Nihalchand.
Congress demands Nihalchand's resignation
Soon after the court notice, Congress stepped up attack on the government seeking the resignation of Nihalchand and also questioned why Prime Minister Narendra Modi has "failed" to take action against the minister even when one one of the planks of his campaign in Lok Sabha election was women's security.
"It is shocking to see how a person, who is accused of such a heinous crime, can continue as a minister. Mahila Congress will raise the issue strongly," senior party leader Ambika Soni had said.
Party spokesperson and Mahila Congress chief Shobha Oza asked why Modi did not take action against the minister even as more than 24 hours have passed since the court order.
She said it was unfortunate that a minister facing such charges continued in the government even when incidents and rapes and gangrapes across the country have "distrubed the soul of the country".
"In such times, the court giving a notice to a minister on such charges and then no action is taken against him is very shameful. Why did Modi fail to act against his minister even as 24 hours have passed? Why did he not ensure the resignation of the minister so far? That raises a question mark.
After such serious charges, the minister has no moral right to continue in office. He should be removed so that the trial of the case is not affected. The Prime Minister should give an assurance regarding this. Otherwise his claims will be exposed. We condemn it strongly and demand the resignation of the minister,"Oza had said.
The case was closed in 2012 as charges were not proved, but later the woman appealed in the district court.