Washington, June 17: Realty TV star and real estate mogul Donald Trump announced his presidential campaign, media reported on Wednesday.
"So, ladies and gentlemen, I am officially running for president of the United States, and we are going to make our country great again," said Trump while launching his campaign in New York on Tuesday, CNN reported.
"Sadly the American dream is dead," Trump said at the end of his speech. "But if I get elected president I will bring it back bigger and better and stronger than ever before."
Trump, a Republican, has never run for the party's nomination before, but has often talked about it.
Below is the list candidates who have declared their name for the presidential poll
- Hilary Clinton: former First Lady and Secretary of State
- Jeb Bush: brother to one ex-president, son of another
- Ben Carson - author and neurosurgeon
- Ted Cruz -Texas senator and conservative firebrand
- Carly Fiorina - Former boss of Hewlett Packard and executive at AT&T
- Lindsey Graham - He has extensive foreign policy experience, chairing several Senate subcommittees related to security
- Mike Huckabee - Former governor of Arkansas
- George Pataki - Former three-term governor of New York
- Rand Paul - An ophthalmologist and Kentucky senator
- Rick Perry -Texas governor from 2000 to 2015
- Marco Rubio - Florida senator since 2011
- Rick Santorum - Christian conservative from Pennsylvania
- Martin O'Malley - Former governor of Maryland and mayor of Baltimore
- Bernie Sanders - Independent senator from Vermont, caucuses with the Democrats
- Lincoln Chafee - Former senator and governor of Rhode Island