This incident reported a little over a year after Taliban gunmen killed more than 150 people most of them were students in a school in Peshawar.
Umar Mansoor Tehreek-e-Taliban (TTP) claimed responsibility for the attack. Here is who is Umar Mansoor
- He is commander specifically in Charsadda, Darra Adam Khel, Noshera and surrounding areas.
- He had been very close to Hakimullah Mehsud's inner circle and was also close to Umar Khalid Khorasani at one time, reported Dawn online.
- According to reports, he went to Afghanistan after Pakistan military launched operation Zarb-i-Azb in North Waziristan on June 15, 2014 following a brazen militant attack on Karachi's international airport.
- The operation was launched against various militant groups, including the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan.
- A volleyball enthusiast Mansoor is nicknamed "naray," a word in the Pashto language meaning "slim".
- He is said to be the mastermind of Army Public School, Peshawar massacre in which more than 150 people mostly students were killed by the militants on December 16, 2014.
- He is also said to be close associate of Mullah Fazlullah, the embattled leader of the TTP who ordered to kill Malala Yousafzai.
- After doing his high school from Islamabad he studied in madrasa. Described as amir or leader of Peshawar school attack, Mansoor has been an opponent of talks with government.