Jeddah, July 7: Three Saudi brothers have been arrested on a "strong suspicion" of having links with last month's bombing of a Shia mosque in Kuwait, the Saudi interior ministry said on Tuesday.
The arrests were made in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia after a joint investigation by security authorities in both the countries linked the three brothers "with the parties to the terrorist crime", Saudi Press Agency reported citing an interior ministry spokesperson.
Two security personnel were injured in an exchange of fire with one of the suspects who was hiding in a house in Al-Khafji governorate of Saudi Arabia.
A fourth brother is believed to be working with the Islamic State (IS) group in Syria, the spokesperson added.
A suicide bomb attack targeting the Imam Al-Sadeq Mosque in the busy neighbourhood of al-Sawabir in Kuwait city on June 26 had left at least 27 people dead and more than 200 injured.
Kuwait's interior ministry on June 28 said the bomber who attacked the mosque was a Saudi national. The ministry revealed the name of the suicide bomber as Fahd Suliman Abdul-Muhsen al-Qabaa.
The IS claimed responsibility for the bombing.