Post-MH370 episode, Malaysia Airlines tightens security for passengers

Kuala Lumpur, March 17: Passengers boarding planes of Malaysia Airlines have been doing so under heightened security after the mysterious disappearance of flight MH370, which had taken off for Beijing on March 8.

the airlines' Chief Executive Officer Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said the authorities were assuring the customers that travelling on its planes was safe.

Speaking about the MH370, Jauhari said the pilots flying the plane had undergone tests as applicable under international standards.

Search for the missing flight widens from Australia to Kazakhstan

The hunt for the missing Malaysian jet expanded from Australia to Kazakhstan, covering a massive area. Malaysian sources said while Australia and Indonesia were conducting the search from the west of Sumatra to the south of the Indian Ocean, the Chinese and Kazakh forcs were searching the northern corridor between Laos and Caspian Sea. As many as 26 countries are currently searching the missing plane.

The search operation for the flight now extends from Australia to Kazakhstan

Meanwhile, the daughter of the pilot of the missing plane,Zaharie Ahmad Shah, returned to Malaysia from Australia, where she had been staying since 2010. She said all the talks about her father taking the flight towards an unknown destination were not right, adding that the speculation was killing the family.

Two hundred and thirty-nine people are on board of the missing flight.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...