Paris attacks: Steven Spielberg's film's Paris premiere cancelled

Los Angeles, Nov 14: Fox 2000 Pictures has scrapped the Nov 15 Paris premiere of filmmaker Steven Spielberg's Cold War drama-thriller "Bridge of Spies" in the wake of Friday's devastating terrorist attacks that left over 120 people dead.

The director-producer was on his way from Berlin to Paris for the screening when the tragedy struck, said The Hollywood Reporter.

Also read: British PM Cameron 'shocked' by Paris attacks

Spielberg's film's premiere cancelled

"In light of the tragedy in Paris, we have cancelled our scheduled film events. Further, we stand with the people of Paris and our thoughts go out to all those affected by these horrible events," Fox said in a statement.

The filmmaker had been in Berlin Friday for the German premiere of "Bridge of Spies", starring Tom Hanks as real-life lawyer James B Donovan, who helped negotiate the release of Francis Gary Powers, the pilot of the U-2 spy plane shot down by the Russians.

Read more: Paris attack coincides with reported death of Jihadi John

Fox is handling the movie overseas, while Disney has domestic distribution rights.

Following the attacks, French president Francois Hollande announced that he was closing the country's borders and declaring a state of emergency.


Please Wait while comments are loading...