Dubai, July 11: The son of slain al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden has threatened revenge against the US for his father's assassination.
Osama's youngest son, 23-year-old Hamza bin Laden sent the warning in an 21-minute audio clip entitled- "We are all Osama", according to SITE intelligence group.
According to media reports, Hamza is heard saying as in his latest audio message, "We will continue striking you and targeting you in your country and abroad in response to your oppression of the people of Palestine, Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Somalia and the rest of the Muslim lands that did not survive your oppression."
"As for the revenge by the Islamic nation for Sheikh Osama, may Allah have mercy on him, it is not revenge for Osama the person but it is revenge for those who defended Islam, he further says.
On May 2, 2011, Osama was shot dead by the US Navy Seals during a covert operation, at his hideout in Abbottabad in Pakistan.
Who is Hamza bin Laden?
- Hamza's full name is Hamza bin Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden.
- He is the son of Osama's third wife Khairiah Sabar, who was from Saudi Arabia.
- His first audio message was released in June 2015 and he was first publicly seen in 2001 at the marriage of his brother Mohammed bin Laden, in Kandahar city of Afghanistan.
- In 2005, a video titled, 'The Mujahideen of Waziristan', Hamza was seen killing Pakistani security forces in Waziristan tribal region.
- In 2007, his name surfaced in the assassination of former Pakistani prime minister Benazir Bhutto, but later it was said that during that time, he was under house arrest in Iran.
- In one of the letters recovered from Osama's hideout, it came to light that Osama was reportedly grooming Hamza to be his heir following the death of Hamza's older brother Saad in a 2009 US drone strike.
- Hamza was with his father in Afghanistan before 9/11 terror atacks in the US. At that time, he was only 10-year-old.