London, Aug 6: The search result of MH 370 has drawn a mixed reactions from relatives of the victims of ill-fated flight as various authorities have different words to say on the issue, media reported.
Conflicting signals from Malaysia and France over whether the finding of a plane part had been confirmed has attracted mixed reactions from relatives of the victims, reported BBC.
The Malaysia Airlines flight - a Boeing 777 flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing - vanished on March 8, 2014. There were 239 passengers and crew on board.
The latest development means the first step to closure for some relatives.
"Perhaps families will finally have the chance to grieve now, though this doesn't solve the mystery or hold anyone accountable. Both of those things still have to happen," said Sarah Bajc whose partner was on MH370.
She added that there was still "much outstanding mistrust" of the authorities. "It hurts to have to give up that last thread of hope, but there is also a sad relief," she said.
They are now hoping for more concrete proof.
Why the hell do you have one confirm and one not?" asked Christchurch, New Zealand, resident Sara Weeks, whose brother Paul Weeks was aboard the flight.
"Why not wait and get everybody on the same page so the families don't need to go through this turmoil?" she said.
Malaysian authorities on Thursday confirmed that the debris found on Reunion Island belongs to the missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370.