Shocking! Girl nearly dies after she forgets to remove her tampon for 9 days

Subscribe to Oneindia News

London, Feb 27: A 20-year-old college student from England nearly died after she forgot to remove her tampon for nine days. Emily Pankhurst said that she wasn't feeling well and thought it was the exam stress that was taking a toll on her.

Pankhurst was in intensive care for three days and now a month after the incident, she struggles to walk due to fatigue.

9 days later she removes her tampon

Pankhurst said that during her periods she inserted the tampon and forgot about it due to the stress over exams. Nine days later she noticed bloody discharge and knew something was wrong and that's when she remembered to remove her tampon.

"When I finally realized the tampon was in me and I pulled it out it was pure black," she said. "It was obviously coated in bacteria. I wouldn't have known what it was apart from the string. It was horrible,: she said.

Hours later she realised a slurr in her words and was rushed to the hospital where the doctors said that she was suffering from blood poisoning as a result of toxic shock syndrome.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...