Washington, March 19: Fox News on Friday slammed Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump after he urged people to boycott anchor Megyn Kelly's show.
The news network released a statement and said: "Donald Trump's vitriolic attacks against Megyn Kelly and his extreme, sick obsession with her is beneath the dignity of a presidential candidate who wants to occupy the highest office in the land."
Also read: Trump calls for boycott of woman TV anchor
The network went on to praise Kelly and said that she is an exemplary journalist and one of the leading anchors in America.
Fox news also said that it supports Kelly and would defend her against Trump's endless barrage of crude and sexist verbal assaults.
"As the mother of three young children, with a successful law career and the second highest rated show in cable news, it's especially deplorable for her to be repeatedly abused just for doing her job," the news channel said.
Trump on Friday took to Twitter and said: "Everybody should boycott the Megyn Kelly show. Never worth watching. Always a hit on Trump! She is sick, & the most overrated person on tv."
Previously, Trump had locked horn with Kelly earlier when she asked him his views on women during the first Republican debate in August.
It was then that Trump complained about Kelly and said that she had asked him an unfair question.