According to report, Isa was granted visa by India on April 16 which got cancelled on April 23 in view of Interpol red corner notice against him. Earlier China raised its eyebrow over India's decision to grant him visa as country regards Dolkun Isa as backers of terrorism in its volatile Muslim-dominated Xinjiang province.
Dolkun Isa was supposed to visit India for a conference to be held between April 28 and May 1 at Dharamsala, the seat of the Tibetan government-in-exile.
Here are the facts you need to know about Dolkun Isa
- Dolkun Isa was granted asylum by Germany in the late 1990s.
- Dolkun Isa is a leader of World Uyhgur Congress.
- He is regarded as backers of terrorism in volatile Muslim-dominated Xinjiang province in China.
- India is one of his dream countries he to want to visit.
- China has got a Red Corner Notice issued against him by Interpol.
- Isa has been accused by China of bombings in the 1990s at Xinjiang and Toksu.
I think my visa denial was India's effort to maintain its bilateral relations with China: Uyghur leader Dolkun Isa to ANI— ANI (@ANI_news) April 25, 2016
India had granted me a tourist e-visa, but it was cancelled after my visit was widely reported in the Indian press:Uyghur leader Dolkun Isa— ANI (@ANI_news) April 25, 2016
I express my disappointment on Indian authorities’ cancellation of my visa to attend the Conference in Dharamsala: Uyghur leader Dolkun Isa— ANI (@ANI_news) April 25, 2016