Details of Indians killed in the attack
According to a TOI report, the terror attack that claimed at least 70 lives may include 40 Indians and most of them from Gujarat.
Among the dead Indians, seven including four women and three men have been confirmed dead.
Dr Kirtida Acharya of the MP Shah Hospital raised concerns when she said, "Over 20 Gujaratis are among injured. We suspect death of around 20 Gujaratis. The number might rise as identification of the victims is going on."
40-year-old V N Sudarshan, a businessman from Karnataka's Bidadi town in Ramanagram (32kms from Bangalore) was among many dead. His body has been identified and his family has been informed.
The death toll may rise.
Mitul Shah, who shifted from Jamnagar to Kenya 30 years ago, was the owner of an oil exporting firm. On the ill-fated day, Shah had organized a cooking competition at the mall.
Rajen Solanki and Anuj Shah were also confirmed dead.
Jyoti Vaya (35) and Malti Vaya (33), the sister-in-laws, from Rajkot were also shot dead.
Sixteen-year-old Neha from Jamnagar was also killed in the shootout. 17-year-old Nehal Vekaria of Naranpar village near Bhuj was also killed in the attack.
Forty-year-old Sridhar Natarajan from Tamil Nadu, who was working with a pharmaceutical firm, and eight-year-old Paramshu Jain were the first ones to be confirmed among the dead Indians.
Paramshu Jain's mother Mukta Jain, 38, and sister Poorvi Jain, 12, are among 200 injured.
Pregnant Ruhila Adatia Sood, an Indian-origin woman was also shot dead.
Fifty-year-old Sudarshan from Bidadi near Bangalore was also among the dead.
One of the terror-attack survivors, Ravi Vekhariya, a real estate developer from Gujarat described his ordeal and said, "The toll has been put at 70 so far. At least 100 bodies are lying inside the mall, which have not yet been accounted for. Many of these are Indians. We estimate 30 to 40 may have been killed.''
Forty-year-old Jigisha Samani from Baroda was among injured who had a narrow escape from death as she was shot at from the fourth floor of the mall. Samani had gone for shopping with her son and father-in-law.
Another survivor Ravji Patel of Naranpar village said, "We got to know the four women from Kutch were rescued safely from the mall on Sunday evening,"
Twenty-nine-year-old Dinesh Vaghjiani, from Sukhpar village near Bhuj, said, "There are many Gujaratis trapped inside the mall. About 7,000 people visit the mall every weekend."
Sarita Rajput, an Indian resident, said that she along with her husband and two children had a plan to go to mall that day, but had to cancel it at the last moment citing some another work.
One of the volunteers, Chetan Shah said that control rooms had been established to find out the exact details.
He said, "We have asked various communities to compile a list of the members who have been injured, dead or missing. At the moment, there are mass prayers going."
Natarajan Ramachandran , an employee with Flamingo Duty Free, Nairobi, sustained injuries.
An Indian doctor, who saved many
Dr Manvinder from Ludhiyana, who lost a friend in the terror attack, treated many injured at the Nairobi's MP Shah hospital.
Narendra Modi's appeal to PM
Meanwhile, yesterday, the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi urged Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh to use his office to ensure safety of Indian victims in the Nairobi terror attack.
Modi also spoke to India's High Commissioner to Kenya and urged him to help victims of the brazen attack.