New Delhi, March 22: There is no Indian among the casualties following two massive explosions at Brussels airport in Belgium on Tuesday, the external affairs ministry has confirmed.
"Have spoken to our Ambassador (Manjeev Singh Puri)," external affairs ministry spokesman Vikas Swarup said. [Several killed as blasts rock Brussels airport]
"No reports of any Indian casualties," he added.
Several people were killed when the two explosions devastated the departure area of the Zaventem airport in the Belgian capital on Tuesday morning, triggering panic.
The Belgian fire service told local media there were several dead and wounded in the blasts which were centred at the American Airlines check-in desk, BBC reported.
Belga news agency reported that shots were fired and shouts in Arabic were heard before the two blasts, BBC said.
The airport was hurriedly evacuated and has been closed for flights, BBC said.
Indian Embassy's helpline in Brussels :— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) March 22, 2016
+32-26451850 (PABX) &
+32-476748575 (mobile) Pl RT
I am in touch with Mr Manjeev Puri Indian Ambassador in Brussels. He has informed me that so far there is no report of any Indian casualty.— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) March 22, 2016
However, an Indian lady crew member of Jet Airways is injured. She has been rushed to the hospital./2— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) March 22, 2016
Please do not worry. Indian Embassy in Brussels will provide all assistance./3— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) March 22, 2016