Paris, Nov 14: No Indian casualty has been reported in the dreadful terror attacks in France that killed at least 127 people and injured nearly 200 others, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said on Saturday.
"I have spoken to Indian Ambassador in France. He has informed me that all Indians are safe. France has advised citizens to stay indoors," Swaraj, who is in Los Angeles to attend Regional Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD), tweeted.
I have spoken to Indian Ambassador in France. He has informed me that all Indians are safe. France has advised citizens to stay indoors.— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) November 14, 2015
Earlier, Manish Prabhat, Indian Deputy Chief of Mission here had told PTI that "So far, no casualty of any Indian has been reported as per the information available with us. We released a helpline number following the information of attacks and throughout the night have received calls, but no incident involving an Indian has been reported.
"We are trying to reach out to the Indian community members here also using the social media and are advising them to further reach out in their circles for any information," he added.
At least 127 people were killed and nearly 200 others injured in a series of attacks targeting young concert-goers, soccer fans and Parisians enjoying a Friday night out at popular restaurants, in the deadliest violence to strike France since World War II.