The July 5 tribal attacks and criminal activities in Kasese, Ntoroko and Bundibugyo districts resulted into the loss of 93 lives and property worth millions of shillings, Xinhua quoted police spokesperson Polly Namaye as saying in a statement.
Inspector General of Police Kale Kayihura has since camped in the Mount Rwenzori region to bring an end to criminal activities and coordinate the arrests of culprits.
Some 122 suspects, including Rwenzururu Kingdom officials, are in police custody in connection with the attacks in the three districts.
"Following the recent attacks in the western region of Rwenzori, the IGP, together with other stakeholders combined efforts in search for the culprits and the 20 missing guns," said Namaye.
"The public cooperation has so far paid off with 12 guns recovered, one rocket-propelled grenade, two Singapore Assault Rifle, eight AK-47 rifles, nine tear gas canisters and 10 magazines," she said.
The tribal gunmen armed with machetes and spears on July 5 attacked Kanyamirima army barracks in Bundibugyo, killing civilians, military officers, policemen and a wildlife authority warden.