New Delhi, Mar 14: Congress has slammed Modi Government over beleaguered businessman Vijay Mallya leaving India in the middle of a massive loan default probe.
Lashing out at Centre for providing tacit support to Mallya in this financial bungling of thousands of crores, Congress has asked 5 question to Government.
In a press conference, Congress spokesman Randeep Surjewala announced that party will raise the issue in the Rajya Sabha.
Here are the 5 questions.
1. Targetting government over the blackmoney promise, Surjewala asked whether government will seek deportation of Kingfisher chairman Vijay Mallya by putting pressure on the UK government.
2. He also asked whether Mallya met with Finance Minister Arun Jaitley before leaving the country. Whether Jaitley informed prime Minister about the meeting. These things need to be informed to Parliament.
3. Party also asked why CBI converted its Look Out Notice for the detention of Vijay Mallya to Look Out Notice for information. Congress leader asked whether it was done under political pressure?
4. Surjewala asked ED issued a summon asking Mallya to appeaar before it. Then other agencies like CBI,SEBI, IT,Service Tax also swing into action over money laundering case. Whether these entire proceedings were mere a eyewash as Mallya had already left the country on March 2.
5. Congress alleged that United Spirits had signed $ 75 million deal with Diageo on 25 Feb 2016, out of which Mallya got $40 million. Party asked how Modi government will confiscate this amount and take action for this patent illegality.