The video, which was shared by Hyderabad Police on its official Facebook page, has been shared by more than 14,500 people and liked by more than 2,000 people till Thursday, Aug 20.
In the video, a biker was seen entering the petrol pump. The moment he started using his mobile phone, his motorbike caught fire. However, he along with staffs of the petrol pump succeeded to douse the fire.
After sharing the shocking video, Hyderabad Police tried to create awareness among public regarding uses of mobile phones at petrol pumps.
However, many other reports claimed that danger over using mobile phones in petrol pumps is nothing but a pure myth.
One report earlier had claimed that warnings of mobile phone hazards in petrol pumps started circulating in 2000. It was claimed that a car driver inside a petrol pump in Indonesia had used mobile phone and the petrol pump premises caught fire.
However, there were no evidence to prove the claim. But the recent video, which shared by Hyderabad Police, compelled everyone to think over the warning.
As they say, precaution is better than cure, it would be better if we abide by the warnings of not using mobile phones at petrol pumps.
Watch the viral video here:
DON'T USE CELL PHONES WHEN YOU ARE AT PETROL PUMPS..Posted by Hyderabad City Police on Tuesday, August 18, 2015