Viral Video: Maggi packets thrown away in dustbin, stray pigs eat it all

Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, June 5: Nestle India on Thursday, June 4 took Maggi Noodles off the shelves. The company took the decision as many states in the country banned the instant noodles.

It has been claimed that the company has been using MSG while manufacturing Maggi and hence it may cause serious health hazard. Many people across the country showed protest against the product and burnt Maggi packets.

Maggi

Meanwhile, a video has gone viral on internet in which many stray pigs were seen eating Maggi packets which were thrown away in a dustbin by a shopkeeper.

While it has been claimed that Maggi contains high levels of MSG (Monosodium glutamate) which is harmful for human consumption, should it be left on road for stray animals?

['Much-loved' Maggi banned in many states in India: How is Twitteratti reacting?]

Watch the video here. Despite all criticism and test results, CEO of Nestle, Paul Bulcke said, "Maggi noodles have been trusted in India for over 30 years. Maggi is safe for consumption, we have same quality standards everywhere in world."

He also added, "This controversy has led to consumers losing trust in us, we do not put MSG in our products. With our consumers in mind, we shall work with the authorities to clear this situation out."

He assured everyone that Maggi will be back soon to Indian market and said, "Product quality and safety is of paramount priority to us. I am very confident that we will be back as soon as possible. That is our prime objective."

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...