Bengaluru, Sept 22: Trying to brush away allegations that the terrorists who struck Uri on Sunday were foreign militants, a website belonging to the Jaish-e-Mohammad says that the information is false. In the website, alqalamonline.com, the JeM says that the militants were Kashmiris.
The message in Urdu has some exaggerated information about the Uri attack. It says that the battle with the soldiers went on for five hours, while the Indian army said that the entire operation was over in 3 hours.
Further it has also placed the death toll at 19 while the official version from the army is 18.
"The website also mocks the Indian security forces. It says that the army personnel were running for cover. Four terrorists launched the attack on a base which had 13,000 soldiers. They were running for cover and despite having such a large strength, they had call in the Paratroopers from Baramulla," the website also says.
Meanwhile, the NIA continues to investigate the case. The NIA says that the process of taking over the case properties are underway.
The NIA also says that no conclusion has been reached on the GPS sets and the investigation is on. It further states that no seizure of any items including the Kalashnikov rifles have been made so far.