The decision was taken after the city government found that Uber "failed to submit the sworn affidavit of complying with the ban order in letter and spirit".
Despite being banned, these taxi services continue to operate in the capital as the city government does not have the mechanism to block their websites.
The city government also turned down the request of Ola and Taxi for Sure app-based cab providers on the same ground.
Following the rape of a 25-year-old woman by a cab driver of the Uber taxi company in December last year, the city government had banned all app-based taxi services.
Last week, a Delhi woman accused a Uber cab driver of molesting her in neighbouring Gurgaon.
A Delhi woman accused a Uber cab driver of molesting her
Delhi Transport Minister Gopal Rai had recently met representatives of Uber and Ola and told them to provide relevant information if they their wanted fresh licenses to be considered.
They were asked to provide full details of their drivers and vehicles.
On Tuesday, Rai had said the city government would ask the Centre to block the websites and apps of Uber, Ola and other app-based taxi services in Delhi.
"It is beyond our understanding why the Centre, despite being informed, is not taking action against these taxi services. These services are taking undue advantage of being app-based," he had said.
The taxi operators have been told that their fresh applications for licences will only be considered after they furnish affidavits agreeing to standard and stringent safety norms, particularly for women passengers.