After a woman passenger was raped by a Uber driver in New Delhi this month, public concerns rose over the group's safety provision. The company faced criticisms. Now, with the new safety features, the company said that it was committed to bringing Uber back stronger and better in order to provide safer transportation for its users.
• All Uber Delhi driver's are to be re-verified by the police
• A set of trained safety experts are to scrutinize all driver and vehicle documents and detect fraud.
• Company will conduct background checks , ‘going above and beyond required government verification'
• Uber drivers in the country have been asked to report with their documents along with a police verification paper
• Set up an ‘incidence response team' which would be quick to react to all sorts of emergency calls and alarms
ShareMyETA button is already available to be used for Uber customers to share their complete trip details including live GPS tracking with anyone.
The newer version of the button will allow the the details to open in any browser winder. Also the driver will know that he is being tracked. The app will automatically share details of the user's location with four-five people under default conditions, says the report. Earlier, the feature required the user to share his/her details manually.