Two killed, five injured in house fire

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Muzaffarnagar, Mar 17: A woman, her 12-year-old son were killed and five others of the family were seriously injured when a fire broke out due to an electrical short circuit at their house in Bhopa town here, police said.

The deceased have been identified as Nafisa (45) and her son Shahbaz, police said. The injured -- Shahnaz(22), Raila1 (17), Pervaiz (20), Sharafat (50) and Rashidan (80)-- have been admitted to a nearby hospital in serious condition, they said.

In a similar incident, three of a family sustained serious burn injuries last evening when a gas cylinder at their house caught fire, police said.

The injured -- Roshan (40), her son Altamash (20) and daughter Farhana (18) -- were admitted to a hospital in Sherpur village in the district.

PTI

Please Wait while comments are loading...