Twist in Dabholkar case; Accused offered Rs 25 Lakh to 'confess'

Narendra Dabholkar
Mumbai, Jan 22: In a twist in the Narendra Dabholkar murder case, one of the accused told a Pune court that he was being pressurized to 'confess' to the crime.

One Manish Nagori alleged that ATS chief Rakesh Maria offered him Rs 25 Lakhs for taking the blame because of enormous poitical pressure. He also alleged that he has been implicated falsely and that he had no connection with the case.

In a report by IndiaToday, he further informed Judicial Magistrate A.B. Shaikh that he is being tortured by the ATS and Vikas Khandelwal for taking the murder charges upon himself. Nagori claims that he was in Mumbai on August 20 last year when the murder took place.

The activist was shot at point blank range by two motorcycle-borne assailants in the morning of 20th August 2013 when he was out on a walk at 7:20 am. Two of the four rounds of bullets fired at him, hit his head and his chest. He later succumbed to his wounds in Sassoon hospital.

Several attempts to murder him were made since 1983, but Dabholkar refused any police protection. A pioneer of Anti-superstition and Black Magic Bill, Dabholkar is said to be on the hit list of many religious organizations.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...