The incident occurred at Gundala village.
The girl, a first-year intermediate student, doused herself with kerosene and set herself on fire after her parents left for the work, police sub-inspector K Raja told PTI over phone. She died on the spot.
"Her parents are farm labourers and the family is poor. They don't have a toilet at house and have to go outside to answer the nature's call. The girl had been asking her parents to build a toilet of late and they had told her they will be able to construct one by next summer," the officer said, citing the parents' statement.