It was a major victory for India after the army carried out a successful surgical strike in which 38 terrorists and two Pakistan army soldiers were killed. It was a well planned operation and the terrorists in the camps on the Pakistan side of the Line of Control were kept under surveillance.
Here is how it unfolded:
- Army picks up intelligence about 7 terrorist camps on Pakistan side of LoC.
- Army along with intelligence puts terrorist camps housing 38 terrorists under surveillance.
- Bhimberg, Hotspring, Kel and Lipa sectors come under army's radar
- Special operations planned
- Top government officials informed
- Army decides to launch operations
- Commandos airdropped at the Line of Control on Wednesday night
- Operation begins at 12.30 AM IST on Wednesday
- Commandos enter across the Line of Control
- Ground forces assisted by paracommandos in choppers
- PM Modi, NSA Ajit Doval monitored operations
- Camps identified and targeted in range of 500 metres to 2 kilometres across LoC
- Army destroys 7 terrorist launch pads, kills 38 terrorists. 2 Pak soldiers killed
- Army returns at 4.30 AM IST