All deatils about the much awaited Seventh Pay Commission was announced by Jaitley.
The decision was taken at a cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Here are the highlights of the recommendations
- The Commission has recommended a minimum pay of Rs 18,000 per month, with the upper ceiling at Rs 225,000 a month.
- The recommendation for the Cabinet Secretary and others at the same pay level is Rs 250,000 a month.
- The date of implementation for the recommendations is January 1, 2016.
- The total financial impact of implementing the recommendations in the 2016-17 fiscal is likely to be Rs 102,100 crore as per official estimates.
- Of this, increase in pay will account for Rs 39,100 crore, increase in allowances will take up another Rs 29,300 crore while pensions will entail an expenditure of Rs 33,700 crore.
- As estimated by the 7th CPC, the additional financial impact on account of implementation of all its recommendations in 2016-17 will be Rs. 1,02,100 crore.
- There will be an additional implication of Rs. 12,133 crore on account of payments of arrears of pay and pension for two months of 2015-16.