New Delhi, Dec 31: The Prime Minister said this fight for honesty needed to be strengthened: "It is natural to discuss what will happen with the corrupt. Law will take its own course."
Following is the list of sops that Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced during his speech on the eve of the New Year.
* Banks should work for benefit of poor, lower and middle classes
* Two new schemes under PM Awaas Yojna. Home loans for poor and middle class people upto Rs 9 lakh will get 4 per cent exemption on interest and 3 per cent upto Rs 12 lakh
* Sixty days interest waiver for farm loans taken from from district co-operative banks and co-operative societies
* Eight per cent interest up to Rs 7.5 lakh deposit by senior citizens in banks has been assured
* Credit guarantee for Micro Small and Medium Enterprises to be raised to Rs 2 crore from current Rs 1 crore
* Pregnant women across India will be given Rs 6,000 in their bank accounts to take care of initial medical needs
* Government will convert 3 crore Kisan Credit cards to RUpay Credit cards
* Banks have been asked to raise cash credit limit for small businesses to 25 per cent from 20 per cent