New Delhi, Sept 9: A diplomat at the Saudi Arabia embassy in New Delhi has been booked for rape of domestic helps while diplomat's wife and his daughter have been booked for torturing them in Gurgaon, police said Tuesday.
But the Saudi embassy, dismissing the charges as "completely false" and "contrary to facts in our possession", said they would wait for the Indian government to clarify the matter as per diplomatic norms.
Here are some facts have been explained related to the case
- The diplomat's identity has not been made public.
- Diplomat along with his friends and guests have been booked raping and gang raping two Nepali women.
- Diplomat's wife and his daughter have been booked for torturing both the domestic helps.
- Both the victims were lured on pretext of well-paid job in Saudi Arabia by a woman in Nepal six months ago.
- They were kept in Jeddah for some time.
- They were rescued from an apartment flat on the fifth floor of Ambience Island Caitriona complex in Gurgaon on Monday.
- They were rescued after the intervention of the Nepalese embassy and with the help of an NGO Maiti India when one of the two women who was kept at the diplomat's apartment as a domestic help managed to escape.
- A senior Saudi embassy official did not accept that the senior diplomat involved was guilty of the alleged crimes.
- Gurgaon's police commissioner Navdeep Singh Virk said that the case came to light after a letter was received from the Nepal embassy in which it was stated that two of their nationals were taken hostage.
- A case has been registered against the diplomat and "unknown people" under sections of gang-rape (376 D), rape (376), unnatural sex (377) and some other sections of Indian Penal Code including 342, 323 and 120B.
- No arrests have been made so far.