Arms Act case: Salman Khan records statement, claims he was falsely implicated

Jodhpur, Mar 10: Bollywood actor Salman Khan recorded his statement on Thursday, Mar 10 in Arms Act case here.

Khan arrived at the court premises around 10 am and recorded his statement in the 17-year-old trial against him.

Also read: 'Threat to kill' Salman Khan: Anonymous caller threatens to kill actor

Arms Act case: Salman records statement

Khan's lawyer speaking to media persons said: "Salman Khan said in the court that he was falsely implicated." The next hearing has been scheduled for April 4.

The court had earlier summoned him for recording his statements. While hearing the case, a trial court ordered Khan to record his statement on March 10.

Khan had appeared in court on April 29 last year and had pleaded innocence.

The case under Arms Act was registered after the weapons, allegedly used by him for hunting down two blackbucks in 1998, had their licences expired.

While a case against him for poaching a blackbuck near Jodhpur's Kankani is still underway, the forest department filed a separate case under the Arms Act.

If convicted, the actor could be sentenced to jail for a maximum of seven years. Last year Khan was acquitted of all charges in the 2002 hit-and-run case by the Bombay High Court quashing a trial court verdict that held him guilty.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...