The new trains include six AC Express trains, 27 Express trains, eight passenger trains, two Mainline Electric Multiple Unit (MEMU) services and 5 Diesel Electric Multiple Unit (DEMU) services besides extension of 11 existing trains.
The Minister also announced 18 new line surveys which include rail connectivity to 'Char Dhams' - Kedarnath, Badrinath, etc and connectivity to iron ore mines between Nayagarh and Banspani and Shimoga-Sringeri-Mangalore train route.
The Rail Minister also announced 10 surveys for doubling between Jaipur and Kota, Chandna Fort-Nagbhir, Mangalore-Ullal -Surathkal and Rewari-Mahendragarh, besides some 3rd and 4th line and Guage conversion projects during the current year.
The new five Jansadharan trains are between Ahmedabad and Darbhanga via Surat, Jaynagar-Mumbai, Mumbai-Gorakhpur, Saharsa-Anand Vihar via Motihari and between Saharsa-Amritsar.
The premium air conditioned trains are between Mumbai Central and New Delhi, Shalimar-Chennai, Secundarabad-Hazrat Nizamuddin, Jaipur-Madurai and Kamakhya-Bangaluru.
Among the new Express AC trains announced include a daily train between Vijayawada and New Delhi and weekly trains between Lokmanya Tilak to Lucknow,Nagpur-Pune,Nagpur-Amritsar, Naharlagun-New Delhi and between Nizamuddin and Pune.
Here is the full List of Passenger trains:
- Bikaner-Rewari Passenger (Daily)
- Dharwad-Dandeli Passenger (Daily) via Alnavar
- Gorakhpur-Nautanwa Passenger (Daily)
- Guwahati-Mendipathar Passenger (Daily)
- Hatia-Rourkela Passenger
- Byndoor-Kasaragod Passenger (Daily)
- Rangapara North-Rangiya Passenger (Daily)
- Yesvantpur-Tumkur Passenger (Daily)
Mainline Electric Multiple Unit (MEMU) services
- Bengaluru -Ramanagaram 6 days a week(3Pairs)
Diesel Electric Multiple Unit (DEMU) services
- Bengaluru -Neelmangala (Daily)
- Chhapra-Manduadih (6 days a week) via Ballia
- Baramula-Banihal (Daily)
- Sambalpur-Rourkela (6 days a week)
- Yesvantpur Hosur (6 days a week)