New Delhi, Dec 3: External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj today said she has spoken to Delhi's Lt Governor and told him that police should bring the guilty involved in the gang rape of an American tourist to book.
In a series of tweets, Swaraj said, "I have seen the media reports about gang rape of an American tourist in Delhi in March this year", adding that she has spoken to Lt Governor Najeeb Jung and told him that police should register a case and bring the guilty to book.
"I have also asked Indian Ambassador in US to contact the victim and assure her that we will not spare the guilty," she said. A rape case was registered today on the complaint of the US woman who alleged she was sexually assaulted by a group of men at a five-star hotel in Connaught Place, police said.
They said the "severely traumatised" victim returned to her home without lodging any complaint. Last month, she contacted Delhi Police through an NGO and inquiry was initiated in the matter.