New Delhi, Feb 6: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday evening said he took stock of the situation in the aftermath of the earthquake that struck northern part of the country.
Spoke to officials & took stock of the situation in the wake of the earthquake felt in various parts of North India.— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) February 6, 2017
PMO is in touch with officials in Uttarakhand, which is the epicentre of the quake. I pray for everyone's safety & wellbeing.— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) February 6, 2017
A moderate intensity earthquake measuring 5.6 on Richter Scale hit Uttarakhand, tremors of which were felt in Delhi and other parts of northern India.
The epicentre of the earthquake was 33 kms northwest of Pipalkoti in Uttarakhand and the magnitude was said to be 5.6 on the Richter scale. The epicenter was around 14kms below the surface.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has asked for a detailed report on earthquake, while the National Disater Relief Force has been put on high alert.
No loss of lives or property have been reported so far.
No information of any loss of life/property: Sanjay Gunjyal, IG, Garhwal to ANI #UttarakhandEarthquake— ANI (@ANI_news) February 6, 2017