In his near 30-minute address, PM Modi talked on a variety of issues, including clean energy and global warming.
Here are the highlights of PM's Mann Ki Baat:
- We all love festivals, but at times there are crisis during the festive season and this is saddening.
- Central Government's team is in Tamil Nadu, I have full faith in strength of Tamil Nadu
- Post Nepal earthquake, I spoke to Pakistan's PM Nawaz Sharif and had shared the idea of SAARC nations coming together and working on disaster preparedness.
- I got a call from Lakhwinder Singh from Jalandhar. He asked that the farmers who put on to fire their fields, How to guide them. First solution is that we need to train our farmers and make them aware of burning crop stubble impact.
- Organ donation can save valuable lives, in a way it brings immortality. What could be a bigger donation than this?
- Javed Ahmed of Jammu and Kashmir was shot at by terrorists in 1996, but he survived. Javed turned this crisis into a compassion; he dedicated his life towards social service. 3rd December is an occasion to remember all such persons and draw inspiration.
- Whenever Bill Gates and Melinda Gates meet me, they appreciate the ASHA workers.
- One such ASHA worker serves in a small Odisha village called Tendagaon, malaria infested region. Jamuna Mani Singh has resolved not to allow a single malaria related death in the village. I honor all Asha workers through Jamuna Muni, said PM Modi.
- Bill Gates foundation is world famous for its entrepreneur family; They run several social work projects in India.
- Three e-books have been placed on MyGov on Swachh Bharat, Sansaad Adarsh Gram & health sector. Do read them.
- The World is concerned about climate change. Earth's temperature should not further increase, this is a responsibility of everyone. The best way to make sure that Earth's temperature is not further increased, is by energy conservation.
- One Noor Jehan, a woman from UP's Kanpur, is inspiring the whole world. And her name also implies giving light to the whole world. She has formed a committee of women and set up a plant of solar energy lanterns.
- MUDRA Yojana is about funding the unfunded. For me this is about 3Es- enterprise, earning and empowerment. The speed that I desire for MUDRA Yojana has not happened but yes the start has been good. Country's economy is actually being run by these small entrepreneurs only.
- I want to turn 'Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat' into a programme; I had sought suggestions about it in my gov.in
- Winter is approaching, I suggest you all to exercise, remain fit. Its time to acquire good habit this winter season. PM concludes his speech.