PM condemns terror attack in Tunisia

New Delhi, Mar 18: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday condemned the "appalling" terror attack in Tunisia and said India stands firmly with the people of that country in this hour of grief.

"Attack in Tunisia is appalling & condemnable. We stand firmly with the people of Tunisia in this hour of grief & pray normalcy returns soon," Modi tweeted.


Seven foreigners and a Tunisian were killed today in an attack by two men armed with assault rifles on the Tunisian capital's famed Bardo Museum.

"A terrorist attack (targeted) the Bardo Museum," Tunisia's Interior Ministry spokesman Mohamed Ali Aroui told reporters, adding that the assault was carried out by "two or more terrorists armed with Kalashnikovs".

"There are eight victims" including "seven foreigners", Aroui said, adding that about 100 tourists had been inside the museum at the time of the attack. "The majority of tourists were evacuated," he said.


Please Wait while comments are loading...