Bangalore, Nov 15: Soon registering an FIR will be an easy task. One does not need to visit police station to narrate their tale of agony, people can register the complaint at Kiosks.
The Karnataka Government on Friday launched this facility to help all those aggrieved people who till now were facing lots of obstacles in filing the FIR.
Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Friday inaugurated the first such kiosk at Mantri Square mall in Malleswaram, Karnataka.
Showing confidence that the new initiative will be a big success, the Minister said that this has been started as a pilot project first which will soon be implemented in whole of the State. He further said that this will improve police citizen relationship.
While talking about the new initiative, MN Reddi who is city police commissioner said, "Over the years, partially because of the colonial hangover, police stations are feared. There have been instances where people have not filed complaints because they're hesitate to go to a police station. This system looks at making it a less intimidating process".
It seems, touchscreen kiosks is new technology and both State and Central government want to leverage the facility of it.
Even Central Government is contemplating to adopt this technology which will do away the procedural delay in court cases. Recently, to help litigants get easy access to court documents by cutting down lengthy procedures, Central government proposed to install ATM-style touchscreen kiosks in court complexes from where case status and daily orders can be procured in the coming days.
The Department of Justice under the Law Ministry had also proposed setting up video conferencing facility in all courts of the country and prisons for remand of under trials and recording of evidences, where required.
How kiosk will help
- First step-Aggrieved person will walk to this machine and face the camera
- Second step-Write a complaint or narrate that to officer who is sitting in the control room
- Third step-Scanner is already available in the machine, so put up the complaint copy against that and then press the send button
- Fourth step- Your FIR will be registered and it will be confirmed to you by an SMS
- Fifth step- You can get a print out copy if you want to have it for future