New Delhi, Nov 26: The parents of the December 16 gangrape and murder victim have demanded that the face of juvenile convict who was the "most brutal" of all the six offenders, should be shown to the world before he is released citing "he is a threat to the society". Parents of the victim have made representations to the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) and Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
"We have learnt from the media that the juvenile was getting indoctrinated in jihad inside the juvenile home which is a very dangerous thing. Also, he was the most brutal of all the six and he is showing no signs of remorse about what he has done. His release will be a threat to the society. We don't want that what has happened with out daughter is repeated," said the father of the woman adding, "if at all he is to be released, his face should be shown to the world."
The father also stressed that it was important to assess the mindset of the boy before releasing him.
"There is a need to assess his mind set to ensure that he does not attack another girl like he had attacked my daughter after being released," he said.
Based on the parents' complaint, the NHRC has issued notices to the Centre and Delhi government.
"They have submitted that such persons are threat to the life and liberty of the common man. There should be a mechanism to keep a strict check on them so that people are not subjected to any risk of being harmed. The complainants have also stated that the rate of recidivism (committing crimes again) is fairly high," said an NHRC statement.
The Commission has asked the Chief Secretary, in Delhi government to inform whether any pre-release and post release plan as per Rule 17(3) of the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Rules, 2007 has been prepared in the case of the juvenile.
Information has been also sought on whether the juvenile has been recently subjected to psychological or psychiatric assessment for assessing his mental health.
The Secretary in the Ministry of Home Affairs has also been asked to inform about the action, if any, taken on the representation submitted by the complainants. Meanwhile, Delhi Police sources said that it is contemplating legal opinion regarding whether the juvenile can be booked under the provisions of National Security Act.
The police had earlier received inputs from intelligence agencies suggesting that the juvenile was in touch with an accused of the Delhi High Court blast at the remand home here and he is suspected to be radicalised, sources said.