Nido's brawl injuries did not lead to his death: Sources

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Nido Taniam
New Delhi, Feb 6: Deepening the mystery of Nido's death even more are reports by reliable sources that it may not have happened due to the injuries in the Lajpat Nagar brawl. In fact, the injuries on him may not have been life threatening. However, the viscera reports are yet to be out and this could be confirmed only then.

Preliminary reports by doctors show that there are cut marks on his fingers, abrasions on the body and swelling on the neck. It is said that the cut marks and abrasions may not have caused his death, however they are still unsure of the swelling on his neck.

Meanwhile, the 20 year old Nido Taniam was seen being escorted by two policemen in a video footage shot on a phone a few hours before his death, which had been posted on websites to demand justice for him.

The Delhi High Court condemned the incident and blamed the police for being lackadaisical action. In the Parliament too, the issue raised concerns among the leaders of various political parties. Minister of State, Minority Affairs, Ninong Erring and Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj demanded a law protecting students from the Northeastern parts of India.

"It's our responsibility that we should protect each and every children in India. I am amazed that both Delhi and the Central governments are sitting on protest at Jantar Mantar," said Sushma.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...