PM Narendra Modi took Twitter and tweeted salutations to Gandhi.
पूज्य बापू की पुण्यतिथि पर उनको शत् शत् नमन। Salutations to beloved Bapu on his Punya Tithi.
पूज्य बापू की पुण्यतिथि पर उनको शत् शत् नमन। Salutations to beloved Bapu on his Punya Tithi.— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) January 30, 2016
Remembering the valour of all martyrs who gave their lives for the Nation. Their sacrifices remain etched in our memory.
Remembering the valour of all martyrs who gave their lives for the Nation. Their sacrifices remain etched in our memory.— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) January 30, 2016
Here are top quotes of Mahatma Gandhi
- "Be the change you want to see in the world"
- "An ounce of patience is worth more than a tonne of preaching."
- "My life is my message."
- "I regard myself as a soldier, though a soldier of peace."
- "You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."
- "Nonviolence is the first article of my faith. It is also the last article of my creed."
- "I'm a lover of my own liberty, and so I would do nothing to restrict yours."
- "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."
- "A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes."
- "Live as if you were to die tomorrow; learn as if you were to live forever."
- "An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind."
- "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others."
- "Nobody can hurt me without my permission."
- "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
- "To call woman the weaker sex is a libel; it is man's injustice to woman."
- "Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice."
- "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support. It is self sustained."
- "The only tyrant I accept in this world is the 'still small voice' within me. And even though I have to face the prospect of being a minority of one, I humbly believe I have the courage to be in such a hopeless minority."