New Delhi, Mar 27: In the 18th edition of his monthly radio programme, Mann Ki Baat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday (Mar 27) greeted Team India ahead of crucial ICC World T20 match against Australia.
PM Modi also appealed the people of India to embrace the game of football to promote it in every corner of the country.
Earlier, the Election Commission gave its nod to the PM's radio broadcast asking him to comply to the Model Code of conduct.
Here's all what PM Modi said in his address:
- PM began his Mann Ki Baat by conveying Easter greetings to people across the world.
- PM also congratulated Indian cricket team for their wins against Pakistan and Bangladesh in the ongoing ICC World Twenty20. The PM also conveyed his best wishes for the match between India and Australia today (Mar 27).
- "India had a good run in football earlier but that is not the case now. Our rankings are also very low," said PM.
- "I see that our youth is enjoying football like EPL. Its important to take football to every village and FIFA U-17 World Cup is a great opportunity. Due to the tournament that we are hosting, we will get an opportunity to create good sporting infrastructure also," said PM.
- I want every youth to become an ambassador of this historic event. FIFA U-17 is an opportunity for India. Send your suggestions on NarendraModi App for branding India on global scale.
- Emphasising over importance of travel and tourism in one's life the prime minister said, "Travel teaches us a lot. What we can't learn in our homes, classrooms or among friends, sometimes we get to learn during travelling."
- "It is rightly said that 'A traveller without observation is a bird without wings'. I want to congratulate Coal India Limited for creating an eco-friendly mine tourism destination," added PM.
- "India's youth is now curious and adventurous enough to travel, they want to go to a new place, they want to see something new. There is a great potential of employment generation through tourism. We can create opportunities for millions of youths through tourism," he said.
- PM also suggested the students to utilise their vacations well and do something productive.
- "Young students should dedicate vacations to learn some new skills. My young friends, don't let your holidays go just like that. Pick up one skill during the holidays.
- "Will you allow your vacations, important years of your life to just pass off like that? Can't you work towards learning a new skill? Learning a new skill in vacations, something of your interest will instil a sense of satisfaction & confidence in you," added Modi.
- PM also thanked two young kids for sharing their thoughts.
- "I want to thank young boy Abhi Chaturvedi that he reminded me something important, we should put water for birds during summer. Shilpa shared that we should ensure that we offer water to those who sell milk, newspapers, deliver posts etc."
- Talking about farmers he said, "You must have heard about Digital India. You will be happy to know that a 'Kisan suvidha app' has been launched for you."
- "This is a very important time for farmers. All of us have to think about one thing and that is water conservation. Water level is going down gradually, we should work to conserve water. It is something all of us need to work on and everyone should be connected to a People's Movement to conserve water," he added.
- Talking about upcoming World Health Day on April 7 PM said this year it's theme is diabetes. "Our lifestyle is the biggest reason of rising cases of diabetes," said the PM.
- "If the citizens of my country are healthy, then India will also be healthy," added PM.
- PM Modi also conveyed his best wishes ahead of Vikram Samvat. He added, "In a few days new Vikram Samvat will begin, I wish everyone Happy New Year."
- PM also talked about Ambedkar Jayanti PM said, "It is fortunate for me that I will get a chance to go to Baba Saheb Ambedkar's birth place Mahu (MP) on April 14."